Last Modified: December 19, 2017
“Pawtrait” is a mobile app developed and operated by Pawtrait Inc. that allows users to take and share pictures of their pets, and engage with other users, which, among other features and experiences that Pawtrait offers, we will refer to as the “Services.”
The app aims to transform digital marketing strategies for pet brand products by introducing a compelling approach for consumers to interact with branded content that is more engaging, fun, and convenient.
Information We Collect
There are three basic categories of information we, Pawtrait Inc., will collect: (i) Information you choose to give us; (ii) Information we receive when you use the Services (iii) Information we receive from third parties.
Information You Choose to Give Us
When you interact with the Services, we collect the information that you choose to share with us. Most of the Services require you to set up a basic Pawtrait account, which requires you to provide us with: a unique username, a password, an email address, a phone number, and your date of birth. We may also ask you to provide us with additional information that will be publicly visible on the Services, such as profile pictures, a name, or other useful information that will help us confirm your identity.
You will also provide us with whatever information you send and post through the services, such as images, videos and recordings. Keep in mind that the users you send content to can always save that content or copy it outside the app. Do not send messages or share content that you would not want someone to save or share.
When you contact or communicate with Pawtrait Inc., we will collect any information that you provide us with at that time.
Please note that we do not pre-screen the content of any user, and we reserve the right to remove any profile, video, or other information at any time.
Information We Receive When You Use the Services
When you use the Services, we collect information about the specific services you have used and how you have used them. The types of information we collect when you use the Services are as follows:
- Device Information. We collect device-specific information, such as the hardware model, operating system version, advertising identifier, unique application identifiers, unique device identifiers, browser type, language, wireless network, and mobile network information (including the mobile phone number).
- Usage. We collect information about your activity through the Services. For example, we may collect information about:
- how you interact with the services, such as which search queries you submit and which profiles you view.
- how you communicate with others, what their names are, the time and date of your communications with them, the number of messages you exchange with others, which friends you exchange messages with the most, the content you interact with, and your interactions with messages (such as when you open a message or capture a screenshot).
- Content Information. We collect information about interaction with content you provide, such as if others have viewed the content, and the metadata that is provided with the content.
- Device Phonebook. We may—with your consent—collect information from your device’s phonebook.
- Camera and Photos. Many of the Services require us to collect images and other information from your device’s camera and photos. For example, you will not be able to send posts or upload photos from your camera roll unless we can access your camera or photos.
- Location Information. When you use the Services we may collect information about your location. With your consent, we may also collect information about your precise location using methods that include GPS, wireless networks, cell towers, Wi-Fi access points, and other sensors, such as gyroscopes, accelerometers, and compasses.
- Log Information. We also collect log information when you use our website. That information includes, among other things:
- details about how you’ve used the Services.
- device information, such as your web browser type and language.
- access times.
- pages viewed.
- IP address.
- identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser.
- pages you visited before or after navigating to our website.
Information We Collect from Third Parties
We may collect information that other users provide about you when they use the Services. For example, if another user allows us to collect information from their device phonebook—and you are one of that user’s contacts—we may combine the information we collect from that user’s phonebook with other information we have collected about you.
How We Use Information
The information we collect helps us in providing you with services via the website and mobile application. Here are some of the ways we do that:
- develop, operate, improve, deliver, maintain, and protect our products and services.
- send you communications, including by email. For example, we may use email to respond to support inquiries or to share information about our products, services, and promotional offers that we think may interest you.
- monitor and analyze trends and usage.
- personalize the services by, among other things, suggesting friends or profile information, or customizing the content we show you, including ads.
- contextualize your experience by, among other things, tagging your content using your precise location data (if you have consented to us collecting that data) and applying other labels based on the content.
- improve ad targeting and measurement, including through the use of your precise location data (again, if you’ve consented to us collecting that data). See the Control Over Your Information section below for more information about Pawtrait Inc.’s advertising practices and your choices.
- enhance the safety and security of our products and services.
- verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
- use information we have collected from cookies and other technology to enhance the services and your experience with them.
- enforce our Terms of Service and other usage policies.
We may also store some information locally on your device. For example, we may store information as local cache so that you can open the app and view content faster.
How We Share Information
We may share information about you in the following ways:
- With Other Users. We may share the following information with other users:
- information about you, such as your username, name, and profile picture.
- information about how you have interacted with the services, such as objects used in your posts, the names of users you interact with, and other information that will help users understand your connections with others using the services.
- any additional information you have consented for us to share. For example, when you grant us access to your device phonebook, we may share information about you with other users who have your phone number in their device phonebook.
- content you post or send will be shared with other users; how widely your content is shared depends on your personal settings and the type of service you are using.
- With All Users, Our Business Partners, And the General Public. We may share public information like your name, username, and profile pictures with all users as well as with our business partners and the general public.
- With Our Affiliates. We may share information with entities within the Pawtrait Inc. family of companies.
- With Third Parties. We may share your information with the following third parties:
- With service providers, sellers, and partners. We may share information about you with service providers who perform services on our behalf, sellers that provide goods through the Services, and business partners that provide services and functionality.
- With third parties for legal reasons. We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
- comply with any valid legal process, governmental request, or applicable law, rule, or regulation.
- investigate, remedy, or enforce potential Terms of Service violations.
- protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our users, or others.
- detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns.
- With third parties as part of a merger or acquisition. If Pawtrait Inc. gets involved in a merger, asset sale, financing, liquidation or bankruptcy, or acquisition of all or some portion of our business to another company, we may share your information with that company before and after the transaction closes.
We may also share with third parties—such as advertisers—aggregated, anonymous, non-personally identifiable, or de-identified information.
Third-Party Content and Integrations
The services may also contain third-party links and search results, include third-party integrations, or offer a co-branded or third-party-branded service. Through these links, third-party integrations, and co-branded or third-party-branded services, you may be providing information (including personal information) directly to the third party, us, or both. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for how those third parties collect or use your information. As always, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of every third-party website or service that you visit or use, including those third parties you interact with through the Services.
Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
Additionally, some companies may use information collected on the Services to deliver targeted advertisements on behalf of us or other companies, including on third-party websites and apps.
Control over Your Information
We want you to be in control of your information, so we provide you with the following tools.
- Access and Updates. We strive to let you access and update most of the personal information that we have about you. Each request to update your information is subject to limitation, including, for example, that the request risks the privacy of other users, requires technical efforts that are disproportionate to the request, is repetitive, or is unlawful. You can access and update most of your basic account information right in the app by visiting the “Settings” page. If you need to access, update, or delete other personal information that we may have, you can put in a request via this link http://pawtrait.com/privacy-policy
Because your privacy is important to us, we may ask you to verify your identity or provide additional information before we let you access or update your personal information. We will try to update and access your information for free, but if it would require a disproportionate effort on our part, we may charge a fee. We will of course disclose the fee before we comply with your request.
- Revoking Permissions. If you change your mind about our ongoing ability to collect information from certain sources that you have already consented to, such as your phonebook or location services, you can simply revoke your consent by changing the settings on your device if your device offers those options. Of course, if you do that, certain services may lose full functionality.
- Account Deletion. You can delete your account via this link http://pawtrait.com/privacy-policy. If you ask to delete your account, you will have up to 30 days to restore your account before we delete your information from our servers. During this period, your account will not be visible to other users.
- Communicating with other users. The tools available on the “Settings” page allow you to choose:
- How you are notified when another user posts on Pawtrait;
- who you want to see your posts,
- whether you would like to receive messages from just your friends or all users, and
- whether you would like to block another user from contacting you again.
Users Outside the United States
Although we welcome users from all over the world, keep in mind that no matter where you live or where you happen to use the Services, your information may be shared within the Pawtrait Inc. family of companies. This means that we may collect your personal information from, transfer it to, and store and process it in the United States and other countries outside of where you live.
The Services are not intended for—and we do not direct them to—anyone under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 13.
Information Collected from Minors
We do not knowingly collect personal information from minors without parental consent. If we learn that we have inadvertently obtained information in violation of applicable laws, we will promptly delete the information.